Depression, Alone and Fear...BUT God

   
Today I want to share with all of you about a not so good time in my life.  However, this same season brought about strength that I never knew existed; a strength so deep within that it wasn't even my own.

    Have you ever felt completely alone, or felt like you were the only one going thru something so terrible.  Well here's the good news, YOUR NOT ALONE.  It doesn't matter what it is, someone is going thru or has gone thru it. Still there is the psychological and emotional torture that ensues within a time of turmoil.  My personal story encountered Fear, Depression, and a feeling of being alone.  I know there are different forms of depression (i.e. clinical, emotional, spiritual ), however hopefully i'm able to encourage you with what I went through.
   A little while ago I was going through some serious spiritual attacks, attacks brought on by doors I had opened in the past.  I felt alone, and entered into a depression.  Those who know me, knew that something was up but I had learned to hide the emotions.  I had moments where I thought life wasn't worth it, moments of tears, and also moments of confusion with God.  Fear had such a hold on me, that at times I was afraid of even the smallest of things.  I didn't understand why He allowed for me to have to go through such a time.  Eventually I hit rock bottom and completely broke down.  It was at this point that I sought Christian council, and knew I needed a way out of this, but I didn't know how.  I approached the Pastors of my church for help and after lots of prayer I finally realized that I was not alone.  The depression, the fear, and the feeling of being alone was nothing new to civilization.  But when your in the moment it feels horrible! Who can give me an AMEN? I was also so incredibly blessed that my wife stood by my side from start to finish! I have said it before, but she is truly a woman of God.  There were times she was praying and I  was sitting in tears so scared and depressed.

    Matthew 28:20b says, "and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen."  Not only do many other people struggle with a time of deppression in their lives, but God was by my side the whole time.  I found out that the strength to make it through such a season was already in me, It's called the Holy Spirit! I have also learned to fight the spiritual attacks immediately instead of letting them fester, don't allow the depression to sit, seek God and he'll see you through. Ephesians 6:12 says, "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."  I want to remind you about what I wrote in a previous post, "Listen in Silence"; sometimes God's help may come to you through a means different than what you expected.  Sometimes He'll give you that much needed verse, and sometimes He'll send you the perfect person to help. Alone and Fear...BUT God, He's by your side.  Everyone needs help at some point, so don't be embarrased to ask for it. Either way, know God is there, even to the end of the age!

Comments

Popular Posts