Picture Perfect

   Sometimes I get so caught up in the stresses of today, that I don't look at whats in front of me.  I neglect to take the time out of my day to stop and see what the Lord is doing.  Do you remember ever feeling like your questions aren't receving answers, or that your forgotten? You'll remember from one of my previous posts, about listening to what God is trying to say to us; now I want to focus on the visual communication sometimes we miss out on. 

   Years ago, my sister Asheley said something that to this day I think about.  She saw a beautiful sunset, looked, and said, "God painted that just for me".  When she said this, something clicked in me that changed how I viewed nature.  Whether it's a sunset, skyline or even a coming thunderstorm, I remember to thank the Lord for letting me see the beauty of His creation. Romans 1:20 says, "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."  We can see the power and divine nature of God through his design and creation.  Why do people who have never heard of God know that there must be something bigger, a more divine power that makes the birds fly, and clouds rain?  It is awe inspiring to see God's creation in a more open and profound light, we just have to look. 

    My sister's specific premis was regarding her "personal sunset", but what we can also gather is that all of God's creation is there for us to see His wonder and majesty.  If you've ever watched the movie "Bruce Almighty", there is a scene where Jim Carrey is asking God for an answer; there are signs everywhere saying Caution Ahead, Do Not Enter, Stop, and yet he isn't seeing them at all.  Next thing he knows, he's crashed his car.  This was a comedic take on how sometimes we don't see God's answers right in front of us, but the overall point is unfortunately true.  Sometimes we neglect to see the things around us whether they are answers, encouragement, or even a treat like a great sunset.

    I want to encourage you to look around today and see what God has for you; you may be encouraged, lightened, or find the answer or direction you needed.  Right now, although things may seem stressful, we can look and see what God is designing right in front of us and know that it is just for us.  I see this when I look at my pregnant wife and soon to be baby girl.  The stresses and worries of having a first child are indeed there, but when we got our first ultrasound pictures my heart melted.  Michelle and I just keep saying to each other, "how can we love something so much that we haven't even held".  This is the example of the Love of God, and he gives us glimpses of him through his creations, much like I got a glimpse of my baby girl through the ultrasound.  Remember, God's design is Picture Perfect just for you, and you are his greatest Creation!

Comments

  1. I get this. So many mornings I am privileged to begin my day on a roof watching our Lord paint the sky. Sunshine or clouds each one holds something special for me. It's my time alone with Him, my place where I hear Him the clearest.
    I so appreciate your heart. Thank you for sharing. Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke love the post. It's thought provoking and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts