Legacy, a Life Remembered

  
   This was a sad couple weeks for my family as we lost one of our members.  My aunt Cheryl passed away after a long struggle with cancer.  It is an honor to say that she was a part of my family, after seeing the legacy of life that she left here on earth.  After I attended her service and said my goodby, I was left thinking about how we are viewed after we go to see the Lord.  My aunt was a mighty woman of God who affected the lives of many, and I know that her inspiration to others and love of God will continue on past her death.  What will be my legacy? What will be your legacy?

    It is one thing to say that you live for God, and it is another to actually do it.  When we live for Christ, our legacy will follow.  My aunt spent many years ministering to woman of all ages.  During her service, my family was approached by people who said that my aunt was a big reason why they are following the Lord today.  It was evident that her life was a blessing to many people; her service had over a thousand people in attendance and more watched a live stream from other states and countries.  My uncle and cousin explained how she never allowed them to speak highly of her.  She preferred for the things she did to not be known by others; she was selfless.  Her obedience, strength, and faith in God we examples to all; these traits helped form my aunt's legacy.

    We can strive to live a great life and do good things for others, but to truly leave a lasting legacy we should continually live our lives for Christ.  No matter how difficult things get, even in the face of death, we shouldn't "curse God and die" like job's friends were telling him to do.  Instead, we should persevere and let the peace of God guide us through.  I look forward to seeing my aunt in heaven.  I pray that when I get there, the Lord tells me what I believe she heard, "well done."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts